- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion copped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 small jar mexican salsa
- 1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 small can corn (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan. Add onions and cook for 2 mins, until soft.
- Add red pepper, garlic, cumin, chili and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add stock, salsa and beans and bring to the boil
- Once boiling, stir int he couscous and corn, and remove from heat
- Leave to stand, covered, for 5 minutes
- Stir the couscous with a fork and add some olive oil or lime juice if you like.