This is a pasta salad I like to include in packed lunches because it helps me incorporate the 5 food groups in a meal.
- Cook the pasta as per instructions and put the chopped carrot to cook in the same pot.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta and carrots and add the pesto.
- While they are cooling, prep the veg. The peas can buy added raw/ defrosted it can be added to the pasta in the last minute of cooking.
- Add the veg to the pasta. Add some shredded chicken, beans or hard boiled egg for protein.
- Serve with cheese on the side eg shredded cheddar and a fruit