A fun weekend dinner for the kids or even a great addition to the lunchbox for those who like to build their own lunch.
- 500g mince beef, veal or chicken
- 1/2 onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning*
- 1/2 cup passata
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-2 tortilla wraps
- Muffin tray upside down
- For serving: chopped bell pepper, grated cheddar, guacamole or mashed avo
- In a little olive oil soften the onion, then add the garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the mince on high heat and while it is browning, sprinkle the taco seasoning.
- Once the mince is cooked, add the passata tomato sauce and the water. lower the heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes until it reduces. Then remove from heat
- Cut tortilla wrap in circles using a metal can or cup. (you can warm the wrap for 10 seconds in the microwave to make it more flexible)
- Spray each side of the circles with a spray of oil mist and place folded in the spaces of the upside down muffin tray
- Cook them in a preheated oven at 180degC for about 10 minutes or until brownish.
- Once the mini taco shells are cool, serve with small portions of meat, cheese, chopped veg and mashed avocado. or whatever additions you fancy.
*Taco seasoning (very mild)
If you don't have this you can make your own by mixing the following:
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/ tsp salt and pepper
Watch video here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CSWs9gLjp3c/?utm_medium=copy_link