This was a pure indulgence, because truly I love ravioli just as they are, cooked and served with a good tomato sauce or with garlic, olive oil and herbs. These air-fried ravioli were first tried when I had some leftover cooked ravioli, but they make a great snack to serve when entertaining, a fancy appetizer, a meal for a movie night or a yummy addition to the lunchbox. Using the air fryer means less oil is absorbed and there is less mess.
- 6-8 ravioli
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs (or thyme/basil/oregano)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Boil the ravioli for 3 minutes and set aside to cool
- Mix the first 3 ingredients with a whisk in a bowl: egg, flour and water (you may also dip the ravioli first in the flour and then in the egg)
- In another bowl, mix breadcrumbs, herbs, cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Drop ravioli in egg mixture and toss to coat them, transfer to breadcrumb mixture one by one and coat.
- Transfer to air fryer and lay out in a single layer. Spray with olive oil
- Cook at 185degC for 7 minutes, stopping to flip over and spray again half way through
- Serve with your favourite dipping sauce. I used medium salsa dip.
- Can be reheated in the air fryer
- To freeze, allow to cool completely and put in a freezer bag (max 3 months)
Watch Video Here