This was a mid week meal that turned out fabulous. I love it when that happens. The idea was to prepare a slow cooker meal to have ready for the evening, so I prepared the drumsticks before going out to work. Come dinner time I wasn't keen on a side of potato and veg, so I searched the pantry for some inspiration. Out came an open packet of medium noodles which I decided to mix with garlic and spinach.
Unfortunately the noodles were too garlicky for our 5 year old so she took them plain (luckily I had kept some aside, phew!) But my husband and I gobbled up dinner like there was no tomorrow! I must admit, that with more time on my hand I would have stir fried more vegetables to add to the noodles, but otherwise this turned out great!
Slow cooker BBQ drumsticks
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- Minced garlic/ garlic powder
- 5 or 6 drumsticks
- Place drumsticks inside slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Mix 3/4 cup of BBQ sauce and 1/4 cup of honey and drizzle over the drumsticks
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- When cooked, put on a lined baking tray and put the remaining BBQ sauce
- Broil under grill for a few minutes
Garlic spinach noodles
- 3 portions medium noodles (the ones i buy come in "nests" so you can use a nest as a portion)
- 1-2 Clove garlic
- 3 cups baby spinach
- Some cashews roughly chopped
Boil water and cook noodles according to packet instructions. In the meantime cook the garlic in a little olive oil or butter. Add spinach until it has wilted. Add drained noodles to the spinach and mix.