These sausage rolls are a perfect addition to lunchboxes and are veggie loaded for extra nutrients.
- 1 small onion/shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 5 mushrooms
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 250 mince chicken or pork
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp mixed Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp BBQ seasoning
- fresh breadcrumbs (about 2-3 slices)
- 1 piece puff pastry
- Put zucchini and carrot on the blender for a few seconds. squeeze out and discard excess liquid
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and blend again.
- Scrape down edges and add soy sauce, mince, egg, oregano/mixed herbs, sandwich/bread and blend again. If all the ingredients don't fit in the blender, transfer to a bowl after blending each ingredient.
- Cut a piece of puff pastry in half horizontally and fill along the middle with the mixture in a sausage shape
- Fold the 2 long pastries closed
- Slice into small pieces, and brush with egg wash
- Place on a greased tray and bake for 15 minutes at 180C
This recipe is freezer friendly