1 1/4 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (optional)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
Dark chocolate chips (optional)
3 small-medium bananas
1/3 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract extract
- Heat oven to 200°c
- Mash bananas and mix with beaten eggs and other wet ingredients.
- In another bowl mix the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients gently with a spatula. Do not over mix: stop when there aren't any dry patches left
- Scoop into greased muffin tray and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 200degC for 8 minutes and then at 180 deg for another 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool before eating or packing away.
TIP: if you want the chocolate chips to be found inside the muffin, mix with the rest of ingredients. If you want them to stay at the top and not sink to bottom, dust them with some flour before adding