- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar or honey
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups plain/all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 180deg C
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until soft and smooth.
- Add the melted butter, baking soda, salt, and vanilla, and stir well.
- Mix in the flour
- Feel free to add any chocolate chips, nuts or raisins at this point.
- Pour batter into a buttered loaf tin and bake for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through (I usually insert a kebab stick to the centre and if it comes out clean it means its cooked)
- Remove bread from oven and from pan and allow to stand for at least 10 minutes or until cool, before slicing